If you have not found an answer to your issue here, but happened to resolve it on your own / with help of the community - please open a pull-request, or an issue with solution details.
Alternatively, write to us in Slack.
PWAs give you a faster, more reliable, and more engaging verson of your eCommerce store.
Here are the main benefits:
- Increased conversion rate
- Increased user time on your site
- Improves user experience
- Increases your organic search traffic
- Native apps are usually more expensive to create and maintain than PWA
- Your most loyal customers can save your app on their home screen
- All of the above means you will improve your profit
The main PWA benefits for the user:
- Faster – instant load time
- Offline browsing
- Better experience
- PWAs use less data
- 1-click access (save as an icon on your phone home screen)
The development of a PWA for your store is much quicker and so much more affordable than developing a native app. Apps can have a higher entry barrier as your customers will need to head to their application store to download and install your app and wait for it to download.
Bonus: PWAs can also be added to app stores for greater discoverability.
PWAs are programmed in one language and work across all devices while for Native apps you also have to take into account different operating systems (Apple, Android, etc.). You don’t need to bother with app publishing/update limitations from the major app stores. Updates to your PWA are live as soon as they are published.
Yes! PWAs are websites – so they can be indexed and ranked by Google, while apps can’t! So let your SEO shine and get that sweet organic traffic.
If you own an “unconventional” online store you can run into issues getting apps or online ads approved, think tobacco, vape, or sex stores. With PWAs you are free to do your thing.
You may have heard that Amazon is using a PWA. And Alibaba. And Uber. To put it simply, PWAs are the best choice right now for eCommerce. The benefits and results are immeasurable.
Another strong indication is Google’s adoption of PWA. Google is pushing PWA really, really hard. Google even prioritizes search engine positions to PWA sites, so your SEO and organic search traffic would improve. By not switching to PWA you are at risk of losing your position in Google to competitors.
Check out these seven real case studies to see why PWA is the best choice for your eCommerce store!
- Alibaba increased conversions by 76%
- Twitter reduced data consumption by 70%
- AliExpress increased time spent by 74%
- The Washington Post improved performance by 88%
- OLX increased engagement by 250%
- Flipkart increased re-engagement rates by 40%
- OpenSooq generated 260% more leads
Checkout ScandiPWA demo store!