If you don’t already have a preference of your own, check out the ScandiPWA tool recommendations for testing, debugging and database management.
GraphQL Playground is an IDE for learning and using GraphQL. You can download the latest release for your platform of choice - Mac, Linux or Windows.
- Ability to store schema, tabs and workspaces.
- ‘DOCS’ section lets you preview GraphQL queries, type details and specific fields of a schema.
The ‘SCHEMA’ tab allows you to preview the GraphQL schema and download it as a file.
- You can parse through ‘SCHEMA’ using regular expressions and search for ‘DOCS’ using the search field.
- Ability to add multiple URLs
- ‘PRETTIFY’ code feature
- Request history
Support for HTTP headers and query variables
- Send requests with HTTP headers by adding them as a JSON object in the ‘HTTP HEADERS’ section.
- No proper error handling
- If your GraphQL server responds with a non-json error you’ll see:
"error": "Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
- In this case you can ‘Inspect Element’ with the Inspector and you’ll see how the request is sent in the ‘Response’ and ‘Preview’ tab. In this case it’s:
502 Bad Gateway
Postman is a user-friendly tool for API testing. If you’re not sure whether or not this tool is for you, just
ctrl + F your request here.
Some of the major features are:
- See the full error logs right away, not only for POST requests, but also for GET requests.
Executing multiple simultaneous requests
- Useful for finding bugs that happen radomly, i.e. in a specific period of time.